Are you considering about installing backsplash tiles in the kitchen? You have two choices: first, you can hire backsplash tile installation service or second, you can do it all by yourself. Of course, if you choose the former, you don’t have to worry about the result because you are hiring a professional. And, you can do other urgent tasks that can’t be delayed. However, that will cost more. On the other hand, if you choose the latter, you will need to know the basics of how to install a backsplash in the kitchen. Indeed, you can save more money. So, here are some basic steps to guide you during the installation process.
- Let’s start the “how to install a backsplash in the kitchen” with cleaning and sanding the walls. This is important because a nice result need a good start. So, make the surface even, and the result will be neat.
- The next step is covering the cleaned area with mastic. Mastic acts like the glue. Make sure the mastic is spread evenly as well.
- Now, prepare the tiles. You can use the whole tiles or cut some tiles into smaller parts since there are some area of the walls where a whole tile won’t fit in.
- Begin setting the backsplash tiles from the most bottom area of the walls. Once finished, press the tiles to stick with the mastic. Now you can wait until the next morning to let it dry.
- After leaving the tiles to dry overnight, mix unsanded tile grout and then apply on the tiles. You should not completely cover the tiles as tile grout here acts to make each tile stick with each other firmly. Then, use a soft sponge soaked with some water to clean the grout.
Basically, those are the simple steps on how to install a backsplash in the kitchen. We hope this helps you, so good luck in installing backsplash tiles on the kitchen walls.